Book reviews: new book review editors and new guidelines
LANS – TTS welcomes book reviews in the field of Translation and Interpreting Studies and its neighbouring disciplines, with a particular interest in reviews from an interdisciplinary approach. The main objective of the review section is to introduce new books that bring important and impactful contributions to the field.
Book reviewers should consider the following guidelines:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the contents and a discussion of the work’s importance to Translation and Interpreting Studies.
- Present a critical evaluation of or objective comments about the strengths and weaknesses of the work.
- Consider the work’s place within its field, if possible making a comparison with other works on this or similar topic.
- Address how readers may use and benefit from the work.
- Write in clear and idiomatic English. If English is not the reviewer’s native language, it is the reviewer's responsibility to have the text checked by an English editor.
- The reviews can be of books written in any language and not only English.
- Word limit is 1000–1500 (including references). Reviewers should use Calibri 12 with single line spacing and margins of 2.5 cm.
Please use the following format for the title of your review:
Munday, J. (2016). Introducing translation studies: Theories and applications (4th ed.). Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315691862 (pp. 394)
Please add your name, affiliation and email at the end of your review:
- Reviewer’s Name
- Reviewer’s Affiliation
Please follow the following submission procedure for reviews:
- send you review proposal (title of the book to review) to the review editors (see below) by 30th June 2021
- if your proposal has been accepted, send your review by October 1st, 2021.
- send your review as a Word email attachment to all book review editors of the journal:
- Dr Jing Han at email@example.com
- Dr Linxin Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewers bear full responsibility for their reviews. Please note that the journal reserves the right not to publish reviews that are deemed unsuitable.
Thank you very much for your interest in reviewing books for LANS – TTS.